WELCOME!

Welcome to my korner of the world, with big bay windows. I like to let the sun shine in and warm me, so that I can be inspired. With that inspiration of warmth, I can create a better me, and hopefully touch other lives for the better. And together perhaps we can piece together a better, more positive world.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

More Fibers

My passion is needle felting, however, I also love crocheting.  I have been crocheting since I was a little girl.  Never really did much with it, just some scarves and a baby blanket here and there.  I recently decided that I wanted to do more with it, so I went to a beginning crochet class at my local yarn store.  I had a great time, and even learned a couple of new tricks. 

I gave my step-mom and dad a crocheted kitchen towel and matching dish cloth for their new home.  Mary was so excited to get the gifts, and said she wanted to learn to crochet.  So I was able to teach her the basic chain, and  the single crochet stitches.  I am thrilled to be able to help her learn!

Monday I made my first cowl, basically a scarf that is pulled over your head to keep your neck warm, and can pull it up over your nose to help block the wind.  I was so impressed with how quickly it came together, that I am now working on my third one!  I've used 100% merino wool for one, Peruvian Cotton/modal/silk blend for another (thanks for the gift Kim!) and using a cotton type yarn for the one I started this morning.

Will post some more pictures as soon as this last one is completed.  I made one yesterday for myself, and the one I started today is for my oldest daughter.  She has asthma and the wind takes her breath away, so hopefully this will help prevent attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment