WELCOME!

Welcome to my korner of the world, with big bay windows. I like to let the sun shine in and warm me, so that I can be inspired. With that inspiration of warmth, I can create a better me, and hopefully touch other lives for the better. And together perhaps we can piece together a better, more positive world.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Felted Fiber Addiction

I attended a fantastic seminar on Saturday, March 19th, and decided that it was time I join in the blog world.  I have an addiction to fiber, and creating things with it.  Needle felting has brought me immense joy, and I find that it is my drug of choice.  I had been addicted to anger and all the wrongs people had done to me for so very long, and when a dear friend introduced me to needle felting, it started the snowball effect for me. When I am hurting emotionally, I find that creating something through "stabbing" roving with needles brings me serenity.

I blessed a friend with two needle felted sheep in February.  That really started a snowball effect as well.  I have several orders for sheep now, a total of 13 that I am in the midst of creating.  I have four left to complete now.  They each have their own personality, and I couldn't make two of the same even if I try.  That is the joy in hand made items, nothing is ever duplicated exactly.

I will be posting pictures of the different stages of the process I take to make them.

2 comments:

  1. So proud to be your friend and even more happy for you that you can find the personalities in your art works instead of the imperfections!!! way to go Carly Jene!!! Love ya and love all your creations. Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! Just the thought of all those gorgeous sheep makes me smile. I LOVE my Hugs, Cuddles, and Kisses! They have a special spot in our family room and I can see them every day and think of the sweet lady who made them for me. :D

    Love your blog, Carly! Donna XO

    ReplyDelete