WELCOME!

Welcome to my korner of the world, with big bay windows. I like to let the sun shine in and warm me, so that I can be inspired. With that inspiration of warmth, I can create a better me, and hopefully touch other lives for the better. And together perhaps we can piece together a better, more positive world.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

PATTERNS

I can't believe I have gone a couple of months without writing once again.  I have certainly been busy with life.  My son has returned to high school, now a sophomore, and the last child at home.  He brings such joy to my life.  He started his first official job as well this weekend.  He is growing up so quickly, and it won't be but  the blink of an eye and he will be moving out and starting college.


My second child has now started her first year of college.  I'm so proud of how she has applied herself, and her dreams of becoming a doctor.  She is a stubborn one, but that is a good thing, especially when that is applied to her goals and dreams.


My oldest is giving me a wonderful gift. YES, I am going to be a grandmother in April.  I'm already in love with this child.  I have already made a hooded baby blanket, and purchased a few items as well.  


I have recently been enjoying my crocheting.  I made a beautiful shawl for my sister, one for my lovely step-mom, and have just finished another for a dear friend.  I have made several wrist warmers, a few baby hats, wash cloths, dish towels, and other miscellaneous items.  Having different types of yarn running between my fingers, and seeing how tying knots with a hook simply fascinates me.  A combination of simple, easy stitches and these amazing patterns come to life in hats, towels, shawls, blankets, just about anything you can dream, it can be made.  


These patterns are much like life, simple decisions can make such a impact on the world.  One bad decision and the house could be set on fire.  One good decision and an entire group of people are rejoicing and singing how wonderful life is.  Sometimes it isn't even a conscious decision, it is just doing things the way they have always been done, or just going with the flow.  


I hope that I have created enough new patterns in my life, with tying the right knots, or untying them, and re-working the same yarn into something incredible, that this grand baby will see life as a beautiful gift.   I hope and pray that I can encourage this child to love and give generously, to take good care of what is given, and yet give back even more that what was received.  I also hope that I will see life anew through the loving eyes of my grand-child.


I must say thank you to my wonderful, supportive, encouraging husband as well.  He believes in me, and my abilities, and wants me to be happy.  He sees the joy that I have when I am felting, or crocheting, and makes sure that I am able to learn more, encourages me to be around like minded people too.  


I'm in awe of the pattern my life has taken.  I used to see it nothing but one nasty knot tied within a bigger nastier knot.  Now that I look back, I can see how each of those difficult times wasn't just a knot, it was the start of a beautiful pattern, and that pattern is still not completely written.  And hopefully it will be a long time before the final stitch is made in the pattern of my life.  I know that it will be very PRETTY once it is completed.


What patterns are you creating?  Do you see your life as nothing but one ugly knot?  Or lots of simple knots that are beautiful?  Or some knots that may need to be re-worked?  Are you willing to re-work them for yourself? For those you love?  For those that love you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment